So I succumbed to the TypePad siren song (thanks, Tara; thanks, Cathy). And now, being somewhat familiar with the whole navel-gazing blog genre, I know I’m supposed to post some self-conscious muddle about how I’m not sure what I’m going to write or why I need a blog or what I think I have to offer the blogosphere.
Those are easy questions.
1. What am I *not* going to write? There are books to blather about, CDs to extol and vilify, obscure bits of medievalia about which to wax poetic… and the antics of my children, cats, husband, fundie Republican gun-toter friends and neighbors to round it all out.
2. I need somewhere to vent. And shamelessly flaunt my vocabulary. How ’bout them melimelora?
3. Very, very little. Alas.
Here’s a big round of applause for the quality sites that have been invaluable resources during the hours (well, 78 minutes or so) spent designing the site:
- Quick ‘n’ easy color combinations at Web Developers’ Notes. (The pink is my own addition. If you don’t like it, it’s 100% my fault.)
- The correct spelling of "melimelora" at Notre Dame’s English-to-Latin dictionary.
- The Llama Song for keeping Fisher and Rhys occupied.
That’s all for now, folks… next time, Savannah and what I learned there.