The title of this post could be punctuated in so many ways. "2006: Things to Blog About" gives a nod to the seasonal resolution trend. "2006 Things to Blog About" has that daunting ring of a long freakin’ list. "2006!, Things–to Blog; About?" is either brilliantly wabi-sabi or just plain stupid.
So these are some of the things I want/need to blog about. What do you want to hear about, and in which order? (Keeping in mind, of course, that these may or may not ever actually get written about.)
- The Brokeback Mountain pillow (very worthwhile, and there will be pictures! Also touching anecdotes of family togetherness!)
- Houses in Portland, and other things in Portland
- Powell’s City o’ Millions and millions and billions of Books, and what I bought there, despite having no disposable income
- My two annual traditional layouts which I need to do today or maybe tomorrow or even this weekend
- Digital Scrapbooking 5 and the joy of tearing out your hair in fistfuls
- Global warming and WHY THE HELL WON’T IT SNOW?!
- The Republican War on Science
- Ricky Gervais’ new podcast
- My new favorite color scheme
- Things Karan and I stamped (pictures!)
- Fisher’s personal cosmology vs. fundamentalist religion
- What’s wrong with Nevada?
- Upcoming travel plans: Vegas, here we come!
- The story of how Jim and I are going to get to go to DC for free
- Mike’s beard
- This girl I kind of know who is under the erroneous impression that HER child is the most intelligent, fascinating, creative creature on the planet, when clearly MY child is far superior to hers in every way, and how I pissed her off royally at Joe and Karan’s NYE party
- Cute funny things Rhys said/did, and his Grade-A awesome smirk
- Jim’s family and my family: a Venn diagram
- Nick Drake
- I like Trevor because he and I can toss Beastie Boys quotes back and forth with alacrity ("Like Sam the Butcher bringing Alice the meat/Like Fred Flintstone driving around with bald feet"). Shared cultural references are a vital touchstone of friendship. What other cultural references do we share, and why are so few of them at all intellectually elevated?
- Just when and why did Metallica commence to suck so hard?
- My favorite scrapbook store on the planet, and going there with my favorite scrapbook shopping partner on the planet
- Reunited with my teenage mischief-buddy via the Pic-Dem! Blogs bring people together and forge new bonds of unity. This is why they are Fine and Cool.
And today’s actual-ish topic-ish thing: a 2Peas lady named Jeannie liked the clipboard I made for Ms. Fitz. She liked it so much that she was inspired to create three clipboards of her own for her son’s teachers. They are cute as hell! You should check them out! Here they are. Mad props to Jeannie!