Today I am doing a Blog Challenge. As proposed by the lovely and talented Sophia.
The subject? "Ten Things I Like About Myself." (This won’t be easy, so bear with me.)
- My collarbones. They are still visible, despite the accrual of great deposits of fat all over my body in the past seven years (thank you SO MUCH, Fisher). I often call them "my clavicles," which sounds like Miss Clavell from the Madeline books, which I also like. Though, really, I could never figure out why she’s "Miss" Clavell and not "Sister" Clavell. She certainly dresses like a nun. Maybe there’s some weird pathology going on there that the books never really delve into.
- Um. I’m having a hard time with this one. Let’s skip it and come back later.
- The color of my hair. Well, not currently, but as it looks immediately after being freshened up a bit. So I guess that’s sort of a theoretical like.
- Let’s go back to #2. That would be my untamed powers of free association. Like this: Coffee cup. Cup of soup. Chicken soup for the soul. O soul-e mio. Meow. Kitty. Hello Kitty. Goodbye Kitty. Goodbye Mr. Chips. Doritos Cooler Ranch chips. Wine coolers. Bartles & Jaymes. My Grammy sitting on the orange vinyl-covered chair in my mom’s kitchen drinking a strawberry kiwi Bartles & Jaymes. Which was pink. A pink mink is in my sink. Grammy had one of those bizarre fur collars made of a bunch of dead minks biting each others’ tails. I wonder what happened to it. My mom didn’t want to throw it away but nobody wanted it.
- Whew! I need a breather after that last one.
- Can we do "ten things I like about my house" instead?
- I can write. Hell, it’s the only thing I really know how to do.
- Except organizing. I can do that too. I’m a bit pathological about it, really. Seriously, I was thinking about becoming a Personal Organizer, specializing in Office and Creative Spaces, after we move to Portland. What do y’all think?
- Eight down, two to go. I am a highly successful procrastinator. That may not be good, but it’s pretty damn funny. You should see me in the 18 hours before a deadline.
- I have all the proper political and moral opinions.
Hmm, that was fun, I think!