…on a quiet morning, or perhaps a noisy afternoon, the Picayune-Democrat was born.
It was a quick and painless labor–some might say the relative breeziness of its conception and birth prefigured many airy and contentless posts to come.
And though its parent hoped, as all parents will, that it might grow up to do great things–to right wrongs, to wrong rights, to express political wit and personal wisdom with equal… er, equanimity–it soon became apparent to all that this blog was fated for a far lowlier… er, fate.
One hundred and ninety-one posts later, the Picayune-Democrat has grown (heh-heh, I said "grown") and matured (well, not really) into the inglorious vacuum of inanity and self-referentialness it is today. And was yesterday, and will probably be tomorrow.
So without further ado, may I present…
A Look Back into the Pic-Dem’s Past, with a Nod to Harper’s Index
- Estimated percentage of posts starting with the word "So": 65
- Number of posts I claimed were "pointless rants": 3
- Number of posts that were actually pointless rants: How many posts did I say there were? 191?
- Number of posts I claimed were about "biting social commentary, sorta": 2
- Number of posts I claimed were about "art, sorta": 6
- Number of posts I didn’t claim were about anything: 150+, I think
- Number of posts containing the word "beast": 2
- Number of posts containing the word "freakin’ ": 25 (Really? I thought there’d be more than that. Note to self: use the word "freakin’ " more freakently. Ha ha.)
- Number of posts containing the word "shit": 9, and the last one was January 21. Hallelujah… the long shitless dry spell (eww) is over!
- Number of posts containing the word "Bush": 1, and it’s not even a reference to the chief executive. Note to self: we are long overdue for a political rant.
- Number of posts containing the word "Portland": 12. Apparently I love Portland twelve times as much as I despise and deplore Bush. Good to know.
And in case you missed them the first time around, here are a few posts from the vault… enjoy.
- The Obligatory Self-Justification: First. Post. Ever.
- -Isms: God, my kids are fuckin’ brilliant.
- Geekiness is Hereditary: see above.
- Happy Birthday, Kerri Joy: And many more.
- Gotta get over the hump: a gloriously bitchy rant on writing, rudeness and distractions. Which NOBODY commented on, BTW. *snarl*
- (Un)School of Rock: an early foray into homeschooling philosophy.
So, um, that’s the announcement. I’m a year old. At least my bloggish self is. The rest of me is rather older and squishier.
Like the new banner? Enjoy it while it’s up…