Hooray for Halloween! When else can you dress up like a complete freak and get almost universally positive attention?
Jim and I are going to the Dead Musicians’ Ball this evening as… Sid and Nancy.
Yay, another excuse to wear far too much eyeliner! Those of you who have gone Sephora-shopping with me know I can never resist a new twist on black eyeliner…
And in other Halloweeny news: my KAFM show today is entitled "Everyday is Halloween." Critters, devils, demons, ghosts, serial killers and the Misfits’ cover of "The Monster Mash." 1-4 p.m. Mountain time; you know the drill.
Here’s today’s Friday Random Ten. And what are you listening to today?
- "Nugget," Cake (the "Shut the F*** Up" song, so much fun to sing)
- "Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk," Rufus Wainwright (Rufus is a couple of my cravings)
- "Paper Tiger," Beck (he’s so cute when he’s sad…)
- "Soap Bar," Goldie Lookin Chain ("…Burned a new hole in my tracksuit today, smokin’ soap bar without an ashtray")
- "Behold a Lady," Outkast (it’s probably a horribly sexist song, but I like it anyway, and it invokes "candy-coated unicorns" as something about as frequently encountered as a Real Lady)
- "Ooh," Scissor Sisters (’cause goofy disco pastiche makes us Happy)
- "When Good Dogs do Bad Things," Dillinger Escape Plan (the band in my iTunes library least likely to get any radio play, ‘cuz they are purely LOUD)
- "I Hate Myself and I Want to Die," Nirvana (ask me about my Kurt Cobain "suicide" conspiracy theory!)
- "Heroin," Velvet Underground (hmmm, this song might be just a wee bit apropos for Sid & Nancy)
- "Parachute," Sean Lennon (sweetest, saddest voice in the whole world? could be!)