As Monday elapses and Tuesday arrives, as the swallows return to Capistrano and I return to Grand Junction, so the world turns, the cycle repeats, and it’s time once again for the Ten Random RedMolly Facts: Vice City Stories.
Yeppers, these are those things of which I amn’t, and oughtn’t to be, proud, but which are just as much a part of my character as my many laudable virtues (which will perhaps appear in a future edition of Two Random Facts). Look close, Dear Reader, and revel in the shame…
- I am a non-smoker, and yet I carry a pack of Marlboro Reds with me everywhere I go. Call it a fetish, a talisman, a way to make friends at a bar. But there they are. (It’s been the same pack for over a year, and I think all of four cigarettes are missing from it.)
- Two words (or a word and a string of numbers): Reno 911.
- After a few drinks, I start swearing like a sailor. (Really, I’m working on it. It’s fuckin’ hard.) And I dearly love a good dirty joke.
- Last Monday, it took me about three and a half hours to drive from Grand Junction to Boulder (that’s 264 miles, 26 of which has a speed limit of 50). Hee hee hee.
- SLAYER! Taste the rage! Also, er, Belle and Sebastian.
- I have every intention of being a crazy cat lady when I get old. Three are just not enough.
- Errrr, ummm, Mercedes Lackey. (Those of you who have read the open letter to fantasy authors will appreciate the crunchy irony-smack flavor of this one.)
- I know it’s very important to conserve resources and save the Earth, but damn, do I enjoy a nice steamy-hot twenty-minute shower. With leg- and armpit-shaving, salt scrub, two kinds of face wash, all the bells ‘n’ whistles.
- Red meat! The redder the better! Delicious juicy red filets with knobs of butter and/or blue cheese!
- Probably at least once a week, we have a couple of hours of "homeschool" consisting entirely of Rhys playing video games (Educational! Really! Well, sometimes) while I prop my feet up on the coffee table and read a book.
Now you know my secret shame. Well, not so secret; I’m liable to share these with the nearest bartender after a glass or three of delectable delicious Sonoma Coast Zinfandel…