So I’m on the 40-tracks-per-month plan at eMusic (if you sign up, use my name, thanks in advance for the fine free music), largely so I can get cool new stuff for each edition of RedMolly Radio (OK, so it’s technically called the Paradise Cafe). And this month, I have 25 or so unused downloads still to go. And a show this afternoon.
So what I’m wondering is… is there anything out there, brand-new or otherwise, that I should own and/or play and you don’t think I’m likely to own and/or play if you don’t tell me about it?
Highlights of today’s show are slated to include:
- Jarvis Cocker, "Black Magic"–former Pulp frontman goes crazy with the blatant "Crimson and Clover" ripoff!
- Pixies, "Alec Eiffel"–a smart aleck, indeed
- Antony and the Johnsons, "You Are My Sister" and/or his feat. Rufus Wainwright track "What Can I Do?"–short but sad, sad but sweet, sweet but bitter, bitter but short
- Camper Van Beethoven, "Tania"–hooray for songs that give shoutouts to San Leandro and Daly City!
- Toto Coelo, "I Eat Cannibals"–this product is intended for entertainment value only. Cape does not enable user to fly
- Explosions in the Sky, "Welcome, Ghosts"–hear me violate my own rules against playing instrumentals on the radio!
- Happy Mondays, "Kinky Afro"–does anyone but me remember these early-’90s Madchester drug-soaked geniuses?
- Blur, "Song 2"–’cause Laelaps mentioned it and so I’ve had it stuck in my head
And what else should be included?