Where was I? I was reflecting. Reflecting, dammit.
Anyway: part of the reason for reflecting, rather than blogging, is that this is the Pic-Dem‘s 500th post. Five hundred. Um, twenty-five score, right? Five hundred posts, 2204 comments (thx gyz), ample opportunity to ponder and self-edit and re-evaluate and eventually realize that I have no idea what the hell I’m talking about here.
But that will change! O, it will change verily. Just check out the new header if you need proof. More about that later… for now, let’s take a walk down memory lane and revisit a bit of Pic-Dem history. (About eleventy-four years ago, or way back in September, anyway, Lynn at Bore Me to Tears tagged me with a "discuss your blog’s history" meme. Look, Lynn, I finally did it! But your post was/is better.)
- Stick-figure comics from the early months! Check them out here, here and here. Also a stickfigurish self-portrait.
- Music: a constant companion. What I thought of some metal reviews, rhapsodizing about a White Stripes show, a rant about bands’ MySpace pages (Putinella being a notable exception), some ten songs posts and of course my like favoritest post of all time which gets its own entry:
- The Church of Listening to Radiohead.
- Homeschool madness! Why we homeschool, Rhys’ first day at the Jedi Temple Academy (OMG a chalkboard), what we learned from Eminem, what we (don’t) do for homeschool.
- Tuesdays and Fridays; that would be Random Tens and Science Fridays, at least on the days I do them. A couple random tens: the first one, the travel edition and the All-Vice Spectacular. And a couple Science Fridays: archaeology, bees/justice/Madeline L’Engle and caffeinated thigh cream.
Well, that’s about enough dredging up of the past. Onward to the future! With jetpacks!
As this year lurches to a close and a new one glitters with falsely bright promise ahead, I am reflecting upon my goals and all that good stuff. And I am thinking of refocusing the blog a bit to, er, focus on my goals and all that good stuff. I have no illusions, or very few; I am thinking I will be have to be startlingly diligent to attain even one of them. But maybe having a little bit of accountability here, in the form of occasionally regularly posting about the steps I’m taking or should be, might help maybe a little bit?
Wow, that’s one hell of a definitive mission statement.
Also: as inspired by the illustrious Lynn, I bring you Loldinejads. (There are more where this came from.)