In the Schardt/Newman clan, our birthdays run in packs.
Rhys’ is the start of the spring pack. Five days after his birthday–today, in fact–is my mom’s Spirit Journey Formation Anniversary. Happy happy happy birthday, Mum! Hope you enjoy the presents and the plethora of cards. Sorry about the one I made you being blue and green. I just thought the blue looked real nice-like.
Next up is Fisher’s, a week from tomorrow. Then Jim’s, a couple weeks later. Then mine, almost a month after that, and then Jim’s dad’s, nine days after mine. Then we get a brief respite until the next spate starts in November and wraps up on December 20.
Anyway. I just thought you should know. Isn’t that fascinating?
Now on to the tag, via the indomitable Stephanie. I’m supposed to come up with seven random or unusual facts about myself–I’m fairly sure I’ve done this one before, but hey, there is no end to the randomness here on Team Newman. But hey, here goes:
- I only do crosswords in pen. Just don’t like how smeary pencil looks on newsprint (or anything, really).
- Two weeks ago, I decided to empty out my e-mail inbox and keep it empty. It’s still empty. Everything gets sorted and dealt with as it arrives. Pure. Pristine. Empty. Like my head.
- I really think there are no yucky ingredients, just yucky recipes. Having recently come around on the subject of capers, I look forward to stumbling across the preparation that will convince me that iceberg lettuce is a fine and valuable food and not just gross crunchy water.
- I’ve been listening to The Pixies steadily since high school. 1990, in fact. Eighteen years, man. That’s a long time. And I’m listening to them right now ("I Bleed").
- On Fridays, I have a glass of wine with lunch. (Or, perhaps more accurately, I pour a glass of wine at lunch. Then I carry it upstairs with me and it sits on my desk all afternoon. I should really drink this glass before an ant crawls into it and drowns.)
- I’ve never seen "Forrest Gump," "Titanic," "Schindler’s List" or "Bambi."
- One of my goals in life: to make best-of-craigslist someday.