Got this quiz from my KAFM buddy Suzi Creme Cheeze and thought I'd pass it along, especially since I know there are some knocked-up ladies among the current readership.
The idea is to answer these questions as they pertain to your pregnancy with & the birth of your first baby… please play if you feel so inclined.
1. Were you married at the time?
2. What was your reaction when you
found out you were pregnant?
"Holy shit." And Jim almost passed out.
3. How old were you?
4. How did you find out you were
I was puking like a madwoman and decided to pee on the stick before going to a family friend's wedding where I knew there would be copious drinking. Good thing I did, too.
5. Whom did you tell first?
Jim, I think coincidentally with my sister, with whom we were sharing a house at the time
6. Did you want to find out the sex?
7. Due date?
I really don't remember. Late April, I think.
8. Did you deliver early or late?
Late… I think almost 2 weeks late. Blah!
9. Did you have morning sickness?
Nope. More like all-freakin-day sickness. Again, blah!
10. What did you crave?
Chocolate milkshakes, which my doctor prescribed for me after I lost 14 pounds in the first trimester
11. Who irritated you the most?
The boss-lady and the boss-man, both of whom seemed to regard pregnancy as some sort of odd aberration practiced chiefly by remote jungle tribes and certainly never by anyone with a college education
12. What was your first child's sex?
100% noisy-ass boy
13. How many pounds did you gain
throughout the pregnancy?
Way too many, and they all seemed to be in the face… attraaaaactive!
14. Did you have any complications
during your pregnancy?
Not unless pukin' is a complication
15. Where did you give birth?
Dominican Hospital in Santa Cruz
16. How many hours were you in labor?
I went in to be induced (by having my water broken) at 8 a.m., went into labor at about 10 a.m. and had Fisher at 1:51 p.m. …so not very many
17. Who drove you to the hospital?
My beloved sweetie
19. Was it natural or c-section?
20. Did you take medicine to ease the
Not a bit, she said smugly.
21. How much did your child weigh?
8 lbs 3 oz
22. Did your child have any
He was born with the cord wrapped around his neck but got over that pretty quickly. Other than that, no. He was breastfeeding and looking me straight in the eye within about 10 minutes. But they kept taking him away and putting him on the little warmer-upper thing, much to my annoyance, until they finally realized he was doing a better job staying warm when he was naked & skin-to-skin with me under the blankets. Snuggle power, baby!
23. What did you name him/her?
Fisher Aloysius–say it right, say it with pleasure!
24. How old is your first born today?
25. Whom does your child look like?
His beloved Papa